March 30, 2020
In light of the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis - and in compliance with current mandates from our national, state and local officials - we've updated a few timelines regarding our Sunday gatherings, midweek ministries and Easter week.
1. Worship Gatherings - We will not be gathering for corporate worship until further notice. Instead, we will continue to pre-record a service and make it available online by 10AM on Sunday morning. This will include a time of worship, scripture reading, prayer and teaching - as well as the sermon notes and family worship guide. Again, we know this service is very different than what we’re used to but we believe God is being honored as we worship together, seek Him in prayer and proclaim the gospel. Remember: The video and worship guide will be available here on Sunday morning at 10AM. We will also provide reminders and links on social media.
2. Easter Week - Easter week is always an incredibly special time at Capstone! But, as of now, we will not be having Easter/Good Friday services on campus. We are continuing to pray about and evaluate some different/creative ways to conduct these services online. Once decisions are finalized, we will share that information with you through our website, email and social media.
3. Community Groups - Community group gatherings will continue to be suspended at this time (both on-campus and off-campus). Please still seek to communicate well and be proactive in finding ways/tools to encourage and care for one another (GroupMe, FaceTime, etc) and your neighbors.
4. Midweek/Weekday Ministries - All midweek ministries (MS/HS, College) and any other weekly meetings/events will continue to be suspended at least through April. Again, there will be no gatherings at 4115 and this timeline may be extended.
How can you help/respond?
1. Pray - Please continue to pray for our nation, for our local, state and national leaders, for those that work in healthcare, for other countries around the world that have been affected, for Capstone’s staff and elders, for healing, for one another and, ultimately, for this to be an opportunity to shine a bright light on the kindness, grace and mercy of Jesus!
2. Lead - Especially you, dads! We strongly encourage fathers to take an active role as the spiritual leaders in your home at this time. Lead your family through the worship guide as you watch the service together. Lead them in daily prayers & devotions… Use the Jesus Storybook Bible or Big Picture Storybook Bible. If you need some help or guidance, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our elders.
3. Care - Continue to look for ways to show compassion to your neighbors and community. Be proactive… Don’t wait on them to ask you. Look especially for ways to serve the most vulnerable among us (elderly, home-bound, already sick, low income, etc). Also, if you have needs or know someone in need don't hesitate to contact us or download this info card to let them know how to contact you.
4. Give - Continue to give financially to the ministry of Capstone Church. The opportunity to meet needs and love others is great in these days and we want to be more faithful now than ever before! You can read about our online giving options here.
5. Anticipate - Continue to long for the day we can gather corporately again! We hold a very, very high view of the gathered church but we understand this is a temporary necessity and the wisest course of action. We know it isn't how things should be and it isn't how things will be... But let's continue to pray, encourage one another, trust Jesus and greatly anticipate the day we will be together again!
Our goal remains to both honor God and care for you, the Body and our community well during this crisis. This continues to be our prayer and we thank you for joining us in asking God to work all these things together for our good and His glory. As always, no matter the circumstance, let’s continue to preach Christ, look for ways to better exist for those not here yet AND show compassion to one another and the world around us.
We love you, church!
Your Elders & Staff